So 2016… WOW.
I’m not sure about you but the idea of starting a whole new year is refreshing and also terrifying for me.
We get to basically start over and leave everything in the past. We get to find ourselves all over again and figure out who we want to be for the new year. Do you want to be happy or successful or more creative or all of those things combined.
2015 was…… AMAZING.
Thinking back at all the past years this was probably my favourite. Yes there were some bumps in the road but we got past them and we have made it to the start of a new year.
2015 brought a lot.
We reached 1,000 followers on Elegant Chances!(THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU).
Elegant Chances has Upgraded to ElegantChances.com!
I got to participate in Fall Fashion Week for the first time.
I got to meet my best internet friend Karin.
I have learned not to care what others think about me or what I do in my spare time.
I have talked to so many amazing bloggers and youtubers who are lovely!
I have basically finished my book!
I turned 16.
Realized who my true friends are.
There have been many MANY more amazing things that have happened this year and I am so grateful for everything.
2016 I am doing a total refresh. I need it to be honest. That is why today I am making a list of goals for the new year. Over the past few weeks I have been thinking and jotting down things in my notes and I thought I would share them with you.
- Exercise and be healthy. Yes I understand this is on almost everyones new years resolution list but I really need to crack down on this. I am probably the most unhealthy inactive person you will ever meet. I have a high metabolism so it doesn’t really show that much on me but god my skin could be better. This year is the year I will get abs ahahahah.
- Get more into Art. Recently I have been really trying to add to my art portfolio. I have always had a passion for art. I am more of a realism type person but I feel like 2016 is my year to branch out a bit from what I am comfortable with.
- FINISH MY BOOK. People you have no Idea how mad I am at myself. Don’t get me wrong i have “Finished” my book but there is so much editing and changes to make and I am quite the procrastinator.
- Read More. Since I have really immersed my self in the social media and internet world the past few years I have realized that I have spent more time looking at vlogs and netflix then reading. I have always loved reading and I can get through a freaking 300 page book in a day If I like it but gosh i need to get off the internet more. Take time for myself and just READ.
- Increase the quality of Elegant Chances. I am constantly looking for new ways to increase the quality of the blog and find ways to make amazing blog posts you will love. I want to increase the quality if the blog fully so that i will be happy with what I am putting out. First of all that is picture quality. I need to save and save and save for a new camera.
- Make more blogging friends. As I said above I am constantly on the internet 24/7 and I have such amazing friends from it but there is always room for more. I love talking to people so please do not be afraid to reach out!
- Get my room the way I want it. I have been working slowly on this all year and hopefully 2016 will be the year I finally find what I want my room to be. It needs to be something that expresses me and my style.
- Focus on school. I currently have a 3.75 GPA and i would really like to keep it that way or even raise it higher. School always comes first.
- Be Organized. Growing up I was always one of those kids with a clean organized room. I actually enjoy organizing and sometimes i get these bursts of inspiration and it makes my just want to organize my whole house. Recently I have been kinda slacking in that department and I really want to be clean and clutter free this new year.
- Plan. I REALLY need to start planning out my weeks more. I have actually gotten myself a planner and I am going to be very good with planning out school days and blog/youtube days. I need to keep on schedule.
- Learn more sign language. If you have been following me on twitter you would know what since I started watching Switched at birth (A FREAKING AMAZING SHOW) I have started to learn sign language. Every time a song gets stuck in my head I try to figure out the sign language words I know that are in the songs and if I don’t know it I look it up. I think I’m getting pretty good but i would really like to increase my skill level in 2016. I find it really fun to be able to talk without actually talking. Now i just need to teach my sister and basically we would have a secret language haha.
So those are all my Goals for 2016. I hope that by reading this you have begun to think about your goals for 2016. If you make a post like this let me know in a comment and I will for sure check it out!
Happy 2016 everyone!